Awaji Art Circus is an art trip to enrich your mind with grand nature and performance that you can only experience on Awaji Island.
Smile as you see performance by unusual foreign artists whilst taking a drive
and enjoying beautiful environment of Awaji Island with crystal-clear sea and clear blue sky.
This is an unique opportunity to observe live performance of global artists
rarely seen in Japan: dancers, acrobats, jugglers, musicians, etc.
We guarantee you will be moved by their performance!
Not only do you watch breathtaking performance but also experience dance and circus skills!
On top of that, trying famous Awajishima burgers and enjoying hot spring
while watching colorful sunset by Seto Inland Sea...
no doubt will be your unforgettable art trip!
- 9/30/2018 (Sun) - 10/28/2018 (Sun) 13:00-15:00 except Tuesdays and Wednesdays
9/30 (Sun) Opening Ceremony at Craft Circus
10/28 (Sun) Closing Ceremony at Mori no Terrace (inside Nijigen no Mori)
*For more info, please go to SCHEDULE.
- Various venues on Awaji Island (Japan)
Mori no Terrace (inside Nijigen no Mori) (Awaji City)
Sumoto Citizen Park (Sumoto City)
Uzunooka Onaruto Bridge Memorial Museuml (Minamiawaji City)
Special events venues:
Craft Circus (Opening Ceremony)
Nushima Administrative Center
Keinomatsubara Fureai Kawara Stage
Nojima Scuola / Nojima Sports Center (Closing Ceremony)
*For more info, please go to LOCATIONS.
- 8 groups (17 people) from 7 countries (Spain, Italy, UK, Romania, Hungary, France, Russian Federation) will perform various artistic expressions such as ethnic music, one man orchestra, beatbox performance, contemporary circus, acrobatics, acrobatic rock`n`roll dance, samba percussion, quick change show etc.
- Awaji Art Circus Executive Committee
- Pasona Group Inc.
- Supported by
- Ministry of Foreign Affairs, The Japan Foundation, Japan Tourism Agency, Japan National Tourism Organization, Kobe Shimbun, Sun TV, Radio Kansai, Kiss FM, Awaji Island Kuniumi Association, Awaji Island Tourist Association, Awaji City, Sumoto City, Minamiawaji City, Awaji City Board of Education, Sumoto City Board of Education, Minamiawaji City Board of Education (*in no particular order)
*Recognized as "This is Mecenat 2018" by the Association for Corporate Support of the Arts, Japan.
*Recognized as participating project for "Power of Culture from Kansai" proposed by the Agency for Cultural Affairs.
*Received grant "Support of touristic places" from Hyogo Tourism Association